The European Parliamentary Financial Services Forum (EPFSF) is seeking to recruit a dynamic person to join the team for an traineeship for 6 months.
EPFSF was founded in May 2000 to foster a dialogue between the European Parliament and the financial services industry. It provides a forum for an open and informal discussion of the policy issues affecting financial services. The forum does not lobby.
We are looking for a person to assist the secretariat for the lunch events preparation, daily follow up with members, daily up to date information on Parliament changes .
The main purposes of the Forum are:
- To promote integration of a single European market for financial services across national borders, which is globally competitive and to the benefit of the European economy as well as of suppliers and consumers of financial services;
- To provide a focal point and resources for members of the European Parliament interested in financial services issues as well as a forum for industry-Parliamentary dialogue;
- To deploy the joint expertise of its financial industry Members to spread factual information about financial markets and services to the European Parliament via briefs, meetings, study visits and other regular activities as appropriate.
Specific requirements include:
- EU background, through university education and/or initial policy experience.
- The capacity to draft and summarise texts in English and communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Capacity to collaborate effectively within an international team, requiring both cultural flexibility and a team-spirited approach.
- A capacity to build networks and gather intelligence.
- Additional language skills are a plus.
Please send your CV by email to: David Reed, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org – subject field: “EPFSF traineeship”.
For further information please contact Maybrit Thøgersen – tel :+32 (02) 737 69 13